3.05.2009

ghost buckwheat pancakes & tappin's.  

Oh the future to come of the birth of these pancakes with my homemade organic maple syrup. I tapped maple trees with TyLea and my papaw today. amazing.
so old fashioned, we did not buy a single thing to get the job done. we got about 14 gallons in 5 hours. We dripped about 12 trees. Tomorrow we are going to drip even more.
The pancakes I have decided to make to pair with the syrup is going to be "Marna's good griddle cakes" from the farm cookbook. a combination of cornmeal and buckwheat flour in the pancakes. oh man. how much more pioneer can you get?

When we arrived home after a full day out in the wind and drinking some of the liquid from the trees, I cooked a huge kettle of my chili, baked cornbread, and made strawberry malt shakes. It was Survivor night with TyLea & Mom. I fed em up good.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories