6.05.2009

a study on pbj's.  


I stumbled onto a site called Serious Eats. I searched "peanut butter" of course, and found a study on the peanut butter & jelly sandwich. One of the most satisfying treats, a bite of salty & crunchy (i prefer the kroger brand crunchy natural), a bite of sweet & tangy (my favorite jam being blackberry) all between two slices of wheaty bread that is as soft as a down pillow (i love my P.B.J in between 2 slices of Rudi's organic bread, multigrain oat being the closest to white bread without actually having white flour). So serious eats had this study, a bread to pb to jam ratio.
Here is the diagram and ratio.
1 : 0.6 : 0.3 : 1
ratio of bread-to peanut butter-to jam-to bread.

Just ask my friend
Adree, I make the best damn peanut butter sandwich ever. She once asked me to make her a pbj because I always put so much peanut butter on it and it tasted divine.
If you are unsure, really, how to make a pbj, here are instructions and let's not forget the pictures too.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ a study on pbj's.

  • Hua
    5 June 2009 at 20:30  

    Hi Ally,

    I too love peanut butter. Have you tried almond butter? I recently got introduced to it and can't get enough of it!

    I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

    Best,
    Hua