12.07.2008

amy sedaris' cupcakes!  


tomorrow at work is Leslie & Janice (1 of 3?)'s birthdays. And then Sarah's is on Tuesday. I wanted to make something really fancy and very un-vegan....so I made Amy Sedaris' cupcakes.
They are full of butter and sugar and eggs and 2% milk...and the frosting is really whippy, with confectioner's sugar, a stick of butter, vanilla (amy is Miss Vanilla) and half and half, which I didn't have, so I used my Silk soy creamer (gaaaah)
They are very pretty and pure white.
They smell luscious, I have never told anyone this, but I go ga-ga for the smell of butter & sugar creamed together. (it must be unvegan butter & pure white processed sugar)
Gosh I just love Amy Sedaris. I do believe she should have a cooking show, it would be my favorite show in the entire world and I would watch it everyday at 4 o' clock, she seems like a 4 o' clock gal, or a 10 at night cooking show.
Here is the lovely recipe for her cupcakes (got it over at amysedarisrocks.com)

Amy Sedaris' Cupcakes

1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter
1 ¾ cups of sugar

Beat well, then add:

Add 2 large eggs
2 Teaspoons of pure vanilla
½ teaspoon of salt
2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
2 ½ cups of flour
1 ¼ cups of milk

Beat well, fill cups, and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. You should get 24. I get 18, 'cause I'm doing something wrong.

Frosting

1 stick of unsalted butter
1 box of Domino confectionary sugar
¼ cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla

Whip for a while, color if you want.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ amy sedaris' cupcakes!