2.11.2009

floofy blueberry scones.  


I was looking thru "Vegan with a Vengeance" last night, and decided to make the basic scones.
I didn't have soy cream, so I substituted and made the recipe my own.
Mom had one and she loved it.
They are the BEST scones I have ever had. Yes, the best.
They are fluffy like a biscuit!!! And slightly sweet, because I made them blueberry.
Here is the recipe as I modified it:
BLUEBERRY SCONES:
3 cups whole wheat white flour. 2 tbsp. baking powder. 1/4 cup turbinado sugar. 1/4 tsp. salt. 1/3 cup canola oil. 1-6oz. container blueberry soy yogurt. 1 cup ricemilk & 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar. 1/4-1/3 cup blueberries. more sugar, for sprinkling.
400F. lightly grease a cookie sheet. whisk flour, bp, sugar, salt. Add oil, yogurt, ricemilk-vinegar and mix until just combined. Then add in the blueberries and mix in gently. Scoop out 1/4 cup fulls of dough and sprinkle each with sugar. Bake about 12-15 mins. Serve warm with earth balance or jam.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ floofy blueberry scones.