2.05.2009

the Irish and their bread.  


Boy that last post sure was a FLOP! Well this posting is most exciting!
I got the new March issue of Martha Stewart today in the mail. I flipped thru a couple of pages, and spotted none other than my favorite foreign friend, the irish soda bread!
Martha was holding it proudly, so I wanted to feel that same proudness, so I made a loaf!
It is currently baking in the oven, with a huge 'X' in the top, to "let the devil out". I guess I put him in there in the process of baking my loaf.
It will be delectable. I have not made any good irish soda bread since I was in Ireland on a little ol' farm full of border collies, in July of 2005! Boy I sure am excited.
On this particular site, www.sodabread.us/, they say....

The basic soda bread is made with flour, baking soda, salt, and soured milk (or buttermilk). That's it!

I quite agree with them. When I made it on the farm, it did not have such nonsense added to it, like raisins/currants and all that pish-posh. Martha how could you! I did add the wheat bran, but I neglected the caraway seeds and raisins. I hate those darn spotted things in irish soda bread! ugly! and not the right taste.
Well, I must go check my beauty loaf. I am quite peckish.

YUM! Grade-B+. pretty darn good. adree (the bread model pictured above) stopped by and i enjoyed the bread with her. and with some mr. blackberry jam.



What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories