9.01.2008

Vegan survey!  

1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Silk very vanilla soymilk is just delicious. But I drink ricemilk most often, plain Rice Dream brand. Hemp milk is good with Apple-Hemp Muffins (from Dreena Burton and featured in VegNews magazine)

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? I am planning to cook scrambled tofu again, topped with nutritional yeast gravy on a toasted English muffin very fuhncy). Also, homemade ketchup from How It all Vegan!, and more of my good bbq seitan, which I am craving. I top it with curry ketchup on a piece of hot toast.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn? I don't like poppincorn!

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? Hmmmm....the only one I can think of is when Adree was making homemade olive oil butter, and it called for 1/4 c. olive and oil and 1/4 tsp. salt, we both read it as 1/4 cup of each, so it was terribly salty and hilarious.

5. Favorite pickled item? Pickled banana peppers! I use to make the boys at Subway put handfuls on my veggie sub.

6. How do you organize your recipes? I took apart my 3" english binder and morphed it into a giant recipe book. I write my recipes on magazine pages and then slip them in little page protectors in my binder! very homemade and pretty.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? I like compost but we don't have one. That is an odd little question.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? Kroger crunchy natural peanut butter, rudi's colorado cracked wheat bread, and organic bananas...(i guess i would be having pbb's!)


9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
I used to eat chili with my Mamaw, and she would slice raw onions and eat them with her chili. And her blackberry cobbler was divine, and her pumpkin pie. I also used to eat Frosted Flakes & Fruit Loops mixed...that is probably the fondest. I never helped bake as a child.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Homemade carob ice bean from the farm cookbook.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance? my food processor! i have used it so many times!

12. Spice/herb you would die without? dried basil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Um probably my "alpha bakery" that my mom sent in for me when I was little

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Blackberry jam!!! and black raspberry...oh so sweet and delish.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Hmmm...I love to give them oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from the garden of vegan, they are the best cookies i have ever had!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
i love tofu the best, i like it raw and extra firm! but seitan is amazing with bbq and boiled in stock to taste like chicken. i don't really fancy tempeh.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? i like to cook in the late afternoon hours i guess...anytime really. But i find myself cooking around 4...

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? some ky bbq chips(moms) and a glass cake container...and jars of metal cookie cutters.


19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
ground flaxseed meal, rudi's english muffins, lima beans

20. What’s on your grocery list? earth balance, ricemilk, box of cereal, crunchy p.b., apple cider vinegar...

21. Favorite grocery store? Bloomingfoods! Kroger. Super Target


22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Um I don't know a specific recipe, but I would love to see vegan angel food cake...and vegan whipping cream (for bakers sake!)

23. Food blog you read the most. hmmm I love veganvisitor

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? endangered species chocolate bars.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? OOH! I love love! purchasing new extravagant foods when you have a little extra greens! I purchased figs a couple weeks ago and felt naughty.


26. Veganaise or Nayonaise?
Haven't had either, but i don't really like the idea of mayo


27. What is one recipe or ingredient or cooking technique that you’ve become familiar with in the last year that you can’t imagine you ever lived without?
I can't see myself not making this luscious soft oatmeal bread, b/c i absolutely love bread...but probably vegan mac and cheese. I missed mac and cheese so much and now I have the best vegan cheese sauce to go on wheat rotini.

28. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? making another pumpkin pie, we cook at home and my sister and i make vegan food...and we will probably make bbq seitan this year and have a big salad.

29.What is one really weird food that you enjoy, and probably no one else does? I was just eating a bbq seitan sandwich last night, and i ate a piece of it without any seitan on it, just bbq sauce on cold toast, and it was so good. So mine is bbq sauce on cold toast.


Repost with your answers and make up a new question!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Vegan survey!