1.06.2009

Milk-y snobby joes.  

I had a full day of walking yesterday! took iggy a walk around the neighborhood, bagged his poo...daunie came home for a while and then she dropped me off at the mall and i walked about and then over to the movie theatre. I saw Milk (goooooooood) and walked over to B-foods after the movie.
I enjoyed an apple and a small cup of delicious peanut butter.
We took back Ghost Town and rented Hellboy II.
I made the "snobby joes" from veganomicon while daun showered the food smells off her. we then had a short health lesson of pooping. the right way to do it.
I still don't know what my plans are today. I suppose I will walk Iggy again after while and I am penniless, so I don't know where else to go!
By the way, here is the snobby joe reciept.

1 cup uncooked lentils
4 cups water

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
1 green pepper, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon salt
8 oz can tomato sauce (small small can)
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard (wet mustard)

4 to 6 rudi's whole wheat buns

Directions
Put the lentils in a small sauce pot and pour in 4 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until lentils are soft. Drain and set aside.

About 10 minutes before the lentils are done boiling, preheat a medium soup pot over medium heat. Saute the onion and pepper in the oil for about 7 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and saute a minute more.

Add the cooked lentils, the chili powder, oregano and salt and mix. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the maple syrup and mustard and heat through.

Turn the heat off and let sit for about 10 minutes, so that the flavors can meld, or go ahead and eat immediately if you can't wait. I like to serve these open faced, with a scoop of snobby joe on each slice of the bun.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Milk-y snobby joes.